ABC News, in their struggle to find something bad to say about the latest Supreme Court nominee, could only come up with “his carefully constructed life.” The article though goes on to help us understand how that’s bad.
Saying his life has been “carefully constructed.” Sounds like his whole persona is just one manipulated step after another. Apparently Kavanaugh is either a well managed and scripted Westworld robot or he’s straight out of the husband version of the Stepford Wives.”
They then delve deep into his character. Check out these actual quotes from the article:
“He checks all the boxes.” Sounds cold and calculating. In fact we recall a story about his grade school days when he used a number 3 pencil instead of the required 2. After turning himself in, he told the teacher that he’d “do anything to stay on track to be a Supreme Court justice … anything.”
“… a country where politics have become poisonously tribal, Kavanaugh has tried to cover his bases.” They came close to saying “cover-up.” They probably wished they could have slipped “collusion” in there as well.
“Amateur athlete.” Hrumph, amateur.
“The only skeleton in Kavanaugh’s closet … he’s American as apple pie.” Anything associated with America optimism is a damning blow.
“Because Republicans are not releasing critical documents for the Senate hearings that begin Tuesday, it remains to be seen if anything else is rattling around.” Critical documents? The 300 judicial opinions aren’t enough to determine what his judicial thoughts, practices and fairness would be … as a judge? Or the more than half a million pages of Kavanaugh documents that have already been provided.
It repeats Schumer’s statement calling him a “partisan political foot soldier.” We’re picturing a mercenary with face paint and a bullet stuffed bandoleer draped over his shoulder.
It closes with “Kavanaugh represents Donald Trumps hopes… One question from the senators will be… how far the apple fell from the tree.” We’re a little disappointed here. They could have taken the apple analogy much further.
- Will this be another conservative bad apple on the Supreme Court?
- What worms will be discovered after it’s too late?
- He might be American as apple pie, but is that pie rotten to the core?
- Will this apple today keep liberal policies away?
- If he’s American as apple pie, isn’t the apple forbidden fruit?
The Democrat Senators are aflutter on how to unnerve and trip up this nominee. You could say he’s the apple of their eye, since fury has them seeing red.
Thanks to at least a few Supreme Court justices there’s still hope for the Constitution. In a 5-4 ruling they determined that California’s law requiring anti-abortion, faith-based pregnancy centers to advertise for abortion clinics infringed on the pro-life organizations’ 1st Amendment rights. The scary part is that it wasn’t a 9-0 ruling.
We reported on this in March and pointed out a few “fun” equivalencies including a requirement for the Presbyterian Women’s Garden Club to advertise for a strip club. We even came up with the advertisement.
California’s law known as the FACT (Reproductive Freedom, Accountability, Comprehensive Care and Transparency) Act requires pro-life crisis pregnancy centers to post notices for abortion facilities. Read more about it through Reuters. The law was adopted (pun intended) in 2015 under the governorship of Jerry Brown and backed by the ultra-left California State government. It’s now being challenged in the U.S. Supreme Court.
We couldn’t help but wonder what our world might be like if competing entities were required to shill for each other.
- CNN: when accuracy gets boring
- Gold’s Gym
- Lazyboy: sit back and be comfortable after your broken New Year’s resolution
- Grace Point Crossroads Church
- Church of Satan: you won’t believe the excitement on Misery Mondays and Torment Tuesdays
- The Chicken Ranch: dating without an app… and without dating
- Home Living Health Care
- Kevorkian and Associates: tired of nurses seeing you naked?
- Forever Home Adoption Center
- Bare Teeth Dog Fighting Club: stop by to win back your adoption fee
- Presbyterian Women’s Garden Club
- Diamond’s Strip Club: want to earn some extra money?
- Weight Watchers
- Domino’s: visit us after your weekly meeting
- 5-Star Maids
- Superior Demolition: because maids’ll go through your stuff
Perhaps the FACT Act is actually the Forcing Abortion Centers through Tyranny Act.