Thanks to at least a few Supreme Court justices there’s still hope for the Constitution. In a 5-4 ruling they determined that California’s law requiring anti-abortion, faith-based pregnancy centers to advertise for abortion clinics infringed on the pro-life organizations’ 1st Amendment rights. The scary part is that it wasn’t a 9-0 ruling.
We reported on this in March and pointed out a few “fun” equivalencies including a requirement for the Presbyterian Women’s Garden Club to advertise for a strip club. We even came up with the advertisement.
California’s law known as the FACT (Reproductive Freedom, Accountability, Comprehensive Care and Transparency) Act requires pro-life crisis pregnancy centers to post notices for abortion facilities. Read more about it through Reuters. The law was adopted (pun intended) in 2015 under the governorship of Jerry Brown and backed by the ultra-left California State government. It’s now being challenged in the U.S. Supreme Court.
We couldn’t help but wonder what our world might be like if competing entities were required to shill for each other.
- CNN: when accuracy gets boring
- Gold’s Gym
- Lazyboy: sit back and be comfortable after your broken New Year’s resolution
- Grace Point Crossroads Church
- Church of Satan: you won’t believe the excitement on Misery Mondays and Torment Tuesdays
- The Chicken Ranch: dating without an app… and without dating
- Home Living Health Care
- Kevorkian and Associates: tired of nurses seeing you naked?
- Forever Home Adoption Center
- Bare Teeth Dog Fighting Club: stop by to win back your adoption fee
- Presbyterian Women’s Garden Club
- Diamond’s Strip Club: want to earn some extra money?
- Weight Watchers
- Domino’s: visit us after your weekly meeting
- 5-Star Maids
- Superior Demolition: because maids’ll go through your stuff
Perhaps the FACT Act is actually the Forcing Abortion Centers through Tyranny Act.