Since the NFL doesn’t seem to mind players expressing their political opinions while they have a captive, paying audience, we were wondering what else the NFL might do to negatively impact the fans’ experience. Here are a few thoughts.
- AARP-sponsored cheerleaders
- playing field vibrates and scores are determined when someone randomly skitters across the goal line with the ball. All done to to ACDC’s “You Shook Me All Night Long”
- quinoa replaces meat products sold at concession stands
- games are canceled when actual snowflakes fall on the field
- each fan family is required to take home a multimillionaire player to continue the lectures re how unfair it is to live in the USA
- the 2-minute warning is replaced with the 2-minute nation admonishment
- lousy domestic swill beer is sold at $8 per warm plastic cup (oh sorry, already got that one)
- pre-chewed pretzels
- rubbery chicken tenders will actually be made of rubber
- three drink minimum
- the “Hail Mary” will be replaced with the “Allah Akbar”
- “Wear Your Own Uniform” day. All black along with masks encouraged
- ISIS sponsored give-a-ways include headless bobbleheads
- Festivus will be recognized as an official NFL holiday. Player introductions will include the airing of a grievance.
- concession stands all closed during political protests
- concession food containers will be limited to environmentally friendly banana leaves
- ESPN announcers to fist fight Jerry Jones during half time to Madonnas’ “Material Girl” (Note: Jerry wins)
If Trump’s not careful, his fire and fury comment directed at a deranged dictator who’s starved for attention may end up coming across more like Obama’s red line. You likely recall that Obama warned Asad not to cross that imaginary line under penalty of, well, fire and fury. It appeared for awhile that dictator Kim was swayed by the tough talk when he backed away from the Guam threats. Trump should have taken that as a victory, instead of encouragement to taunt him some more.
Now the world stage has been transformed into a grade school playground where even the brightest fifth grader can’t come up with an original nickname for his tether ball hogging nemesis. Rocket Man? Really? We already know that Kim Jong-un hates to be called Kim Fatty. Rocket Man just seems like a step up from there. You could call him Fatty Bottle Rocket Boy, Fatty McRound Squat, Baby Fat Kimmy,… of course, someone of Trump’s girth may want to stay away from the fat jokes.