The goal post has been doing a lot of roaming lately. Almost as much as the attempted moves by the Democrats when Trump sent Hillary packing. “Oh, sure he won the electoral votes needed, but not the popular vote, the left-handed vote, and the number of voters who voted in the middle of the day vote.”
Here’s a quick run-down of the how the recent accusations have evolved.
We’re keeping our fingers crossed that he’s never ripped a tag off a mattress.
ABC News, in their struggle to find something bad to say about the latest Supreme Court nominee, could only come up with “his carefully constructed life.” The article though goes on to help us understand how that’s bad.
Saying his life has been “carefully constructed.” Sounds like his whole persona is just one manipulated step after another. Apparently Kavanaugh is either a well managed and scripted Westworld robot or he’s straight out of the husband version of the Stepford Wives.”
They then delve deep into his character. Check out these actual quotes from the article:
“He checks all the boxes.” Sounds cold and calculating. In fact we recall a story about his grade school days when he used a number 3 pencil instead of the required 2. After turning himself in, he told the teacher that he’d “do anything to stay on track to be a Supreme Court justice … anything.”
“… a country where politics have become poisonously tribal, Kavanaugh has tried to cover his bases.” They came close to saying “cover-up.” They probably wished they could have slipped “collusion” in there as well.
“Amateur athlete.” Hrumph, amateur.
“The only skeleton in Kavanaugh’s closet … he’s American as apple pie.” Anything associated with America optimism is a damning blow.
“Because Republicans are not releasing critical documents for the Senate hearings that begin Tuesday, it remains to be seen if anything else is rattling around.” Critical documents? The 300 judicial opinions aren’t enough to determine what his judicial thoughts, practices and fairness would be … as a judge? Or the more than half a million pages of Kavanaugh documents that have already been provided.
It repeats Schumer’s statement calling him a “partisan political foot soldier.” We’re picturing a mercenary with face paint and a bullet stuffed bandoleer draped over his shoulder.
It closes with “Kavanaugh represents Donald Trumps hopes… One question from the senators will be… how far the apple fell from the tree.” We’re a little disappointed here. They could have taken the apple analogy much further.
- Will this be another conservative bad apple on the Supreme Court?
- What worms will be discovered after it’s too late?
- He might be American as apple pie, but is that pie rotten to the core?
- Will this apple today keep liberal policies away?
- If he’s American as apple pie, isn’t the apple forbidden fruit?
The Democrat Senators are aflutter on how to unnerve and trip up this nominee. You could say he’s the apple of their eye, since fury has them seeing red.
Congressional Recess Travel Fund
As we all know Congress takes frequent recesses to allow them to “get in touch with their constituents” and “hike the Appalachian Trail.” Considering their desperate need for some actual rest and relaxation, a GoFundMe has been established for just that purpose. With the news that Jeff Bezos may soon be charging $200,000 per ride to space, now is the time to provide our most prized politicians with an opportunity that will surely recharge their batteries. For the 535 members of Congress, this initial GoFundMe opportunity will seek $53.5M.
That should get them half way through their space journey. We’ll worry about the return trip GoFundMe later.
DC certainly loves parades. They have them for the
- Chinese New Year
- cherry blossoms
- Rolling Thunder,
- Independence Day
- Congressional Vacation parade (held quarterly)
- Dignitary-Drive-Through-Town-Blocking-Streets parade (daily)
- Disappointment-In-DC-Sports parade (cancelled this year :0)
But recently they’ve upped their game. The Disconnected-Politician Parade has been turned into an event that previously only occurred daily in the halls of the Rayburn, Longworth, Dirksen and other federal buildings occupied by our Congressmen and women. This year it’s on non-stop full display complete with the chutzpah to expect their adoring citizens to believe the hooey being emitted by our public “servants.” And also smells a little like swamp gas.
Consider this foolishness:
- Tax breaks are crumbs
- People secretly placed as human sources to gather information in Presidential campaigns are not spies
- The President can pardon himself
- Positive economic indicators are not positive economic indicators
- Contact with Russian sources by one party is called treason but when it’s done, and paid for, by another party its call opposition research
- Identifying death as an outcome of the government shutdown… and then voting for a government shutdown (Diane Feinstein)
- Encouraging resistance in the name of tolerance. Remember “If I were in high school, I’d take Trump behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.” (Joe Biden)
- Turning a special council investigation into a self-licking ice cream cone.
Down is up and up is down.