Congress and the President recently passed a funding bill that would make one think we’re so flush with money that two scoops of ice cream can be served routinely to everyone on Capital Hill. In reality, a fiscal diet should be in order. We’re $20 trillion in debt. It might as well be measured in kajillions, since that number is about as well understood.
So to put the number 20 trillion in its proper perspective consider these:
- If you ate a large size McDonalds fry order at every meal plus had them as part of two snacks a day, that’s five orders a day, you’d reach 20 trillion individual fries in 200 million years.
- The average hair plug recipient gets 100 hair plugs in a treatment. By the way, that’s for the cheap treatment, like moving holes on a golf course green. If someone were to get 20 trillion plugs, their head would have to be 450 square miles in area.
- If you used a condom once an hour, 24 hours a day, starting at age 15 – plus none are used twice, just saying – and you died at the exact age of 100, it would take 25 million more identical lifetimes to use them all up.
- If a reality TV show had 20 trillion words of dialog spoken and ran 24 hours a day, every day, it would last for 250 thousand years.
- Speaking of TV, the most popular sized flat screens is the 50 inch version which has an area of 1100 square inches. If you were fortunate to have the 20 trillion square inch model, it would be the size of 2 million football fields, and those include the end zones.
- If you collected your entitlement funds in pennies, and managed to save 20 trillion of them, they would weigh more than The Great Wall of China.
- If your pit bull had very active bowels and managed to poop 20 trillion grams, the poop would cover a basketball court… and be 27 miles high.
Please feel free to do the math. Maybe one of these as a math problem should be a requirement to vote… or at least to run for Congress.
Delaware has a street named Clinton. And a restaurant named Lewinsky’s …. on Clinton. Souvenir t-shirts are available but as best as we can tell they don’t sell blue dresses… or stains.