In an effort to better portray Confederacy of Drones’ single goal of poking at those who engage in political hypocrisy, we’ve updated our logo.
The blog is based on humor as a vehicle to shoot down other vehicles, namely those mindless drones who accept whatever their political “heroes” spout, absent of any reasoning or logic.
More on this at our About Us page.
Mitt Romney, being in a perpetual search for a spine, has finally discovered Twitter, and gee, you don’t even have to use your real name. Armed with newfound, Twitter-inspired boldness, Romney is feeling like his courageous old self… from way back in high school … when he gave someone an unwelcomed haircut.
Since he needs a nom de plume for tweeting why not something French? And Pierre Delecto is born. “C’est moi” exclaimed Romney, because that’s another French term Pierre would use.
Romney realizes the chutzpah he can command with an alter-ego. If only that spine-inducing social media personage were in play during the 2012 election. Romney replayed in his mind key moments during his battle with the Democrats when they used every dirty trick in the book to secure Obama’s re-election. This well documented, footnoted and thoroughly annotated book includes such dastardly historical feats as convincing the country to change clocks by an hour twice a year, securing an actual swamp for the nation’s capital and slipping the phrase “pull my finger” into the Gettysburg address.
[As a side note, the dirty tricks book was rewritten during the next four years to include using the IRS to target political foes, banning the word “terrorism” to solve terrorism, spying on political opponents, and short sheeting beds in Trump hotels.]
As Pierre Delecto, Romney would have had the perfect response to Harry Reid’s claim that the 2012 Republican nominee was a tax cheat. Instead of just saying “am not” under his breath, Pierre would have provided an angry rebuttal with fists pounding on the table, fingers pointing, and demons storming from hell to fling exercise bands at Reid’s face.
“That would show ‘em”, exclaimed Romney… to himself… in a soft dignified whisper.
Apparently the 1978 documentary Invasion of the Body Snatchers was more than just a conspiracy theory, it’s been proven to be our new reality. We’re not sure how one would get infected, but we’ve identified clear signs:
- Participation in the anti-fascist movement by suppressing speech and providing frequent beatings until the rest of us fall in line.
- Thinking ethnic appropriation is very bad but gender appropriation very good.
- Using capitalist innovations to tear down capitalism.
- Crushing civil rights in the name of civil rights.
- Throwing temper tantrums, shaming those who disagree, and administering beatings to promote tolerance.
- Thinking civil war statues are scarier than socialism.
- Supporting open borders.
- Promoting free stuff at post-pod transformation.
Pod people now are a real thing causing such grave confusion in the afflicted that the choice of which bathroom to use is only the beginning of each day’s zombie-like plodding.
Those blank stares, though immediately turn to seething rage at the sight of a red hat, the sound of the Star Spangled Banner, or the smell of freedom and liberty.
Donald Trump meet Donald Sutherland.
At Confederacy of Drones we’re a little concerned over the health of the Democrat debate moderators as evidenced by night #2 of debate #2 with questions #4, 9, 12, 14, 15, 16,… and then pretty much the rest. Those questions showed distinct symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome. We imagine the moderators sweating the night before to come up with questions so the debate focus is on Trump. This will also help avoid the democrat candidates turning into Lord-of-the-Flies-like feral children on stage.
To provide the moderators with some relief we’ve come up with questions that should adequately suit their needs while appealing to both people watching the next debate.
- Are you for or against a tsunami even if not caused by Trump?
- How much time do we have in (years or months) before we all drown or get eaten by lions because of global warming?
- Since from a distance Washington Nationals baseball caps look similar to MAGA caps, would you ignore beatings Nat’s fans receive even if they don’t support Trump?
- To pay for all of the freebies you’ve promised, how will you convince China to buy unicorn horns from the U.S.?
- If you had to choose whether to douse the flames of only one, and both Trump and the body of Charles Manson were on fire, which one would you choose?
- If you would douse Trump, would you use regular unleaded or premium?
- Would you make an attempt to appeal to Trump supporters since they’re racist, or just stick with calling them deplorable?
- Is white privilege gauged on how pale you are, or what? Put your hand down Cory. That was a rhetorical question.
- Which is caused by global warming? Hot temperature, cold temperature, room temperature or humidity? [Note: this is a trick question, since the obvious answer is all of them.]
- How will you encourage flatulence collection research to meet the requirements of the Green New Deal’s fart ban?
- Raise your hand if you have ever said “f#&k Trump.”
- Raise your hand if you have said that tonight.
- Raise your hand if you are willing to say it now.
These have already been forwarded to Donna Brazile so she can distribute to select candidates.