The new coffee cups arrived!
Congrats again to the four winners from our previous contest! They will receive their very own mug, to be shipped this weekend. Each mug is made from durable ceramic, beautifully designed and well balanced with an easy-to-grip handle so Hillary can hurl it across the room.
We’d love to give more away. How about a contest contest?
For the two best new contests you think we should run, we’ll award coffee mugs.
To get you thinking, here are some past posts that could have been turned into contest opportunities. Links are included.
- Buried surprises in Obamacare.
- Moments in history that can be blamed on conservatives.
- Opportunities to make competing industries advertise for each other.
- Courses that politicians took, that the rest of us missed.
- When breaking southern protocols deserves fines.
- New words and definitions appropriate based on current events.
- Ways to further ruin the NFL viewing experience.
Come up with your own idea for a contest that pokes at politicians, the media, celebrities or whatever’s making the news. Feel free to email us directly from the Contacts page with entries or questions. We’ll close this in one week, on Friday, 3/8.
And the winners are…
We’ve finally gotten around to tallying up the award nomination categories and nominees that best sum up 2018.
You may recall that we came up with a few of our own early in December when we kicked off this event. Check back at the original post for the complete list. In the mean time, here were just a few:
- The Disappearing Statesman Award – Paul Ryan
- The Confused About The Meaning of the Word Journalist Award – Jim Acosta
- The Most Likely to get Lost on the DC Subway Award – Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- A Lifetime Achievement Award (Sleazy Politics category) – Bill Clinton
Without further delay, the winning nomination categories and nominees for 2018….
The Making Public Service Work for your Financial Reward Award – Diane Feinstein [submitted by Norris Johnson]
The Best Cup of Coughy Award – Hillary Clinton [submitted by Michael Bradford]
The Most Classified Information Released without an Indictment – Hillary Clinton [submitted by Russell Abbott]
The Just Can’t Let it go Award (aka Bad Loser Award) – Hillary Clinton [submitted by Todd Coleman]
Unfortunately, Hillary couldn’t make it this evening due to a nasty tumble over an empty box of wine.
Those listed above who identified the award categories and selected winning nominees have, themselves, won some fabulous swag in the form of a limited edition Confederacy of Drones coffee mug! Stay tuned for future opportunities to win more stuff from your friends at COD.
Annual Awards and Nominations still open
There’s still time to get your nominations and nominees in for those deserving a shout-out or a shout-down for their “accomplishments” during 2018.
See all of our awards and nominees at this post.
One nominee for the Upside Down World Award is the Antifa crowd. This well deserving masked group is nominated for their fascists tactics in the name of anti-fascism. They’re either lacking in self-awareness or slept their way through history classes.
Send your suggested awards and nominatees to the Confederacy of Drones here.