Before you play, know the rules
In politics, as in sports, it’s important to know the rules if you want to be successful. The angst felt by Hillary fans is currently sky high as they watch Donald Trump prepare to take the oath of office. What makes this doubly painful for them is that their candidate “won” … well, even though she didn’t. Perhaps if Hillary knew how the Electoral College worked she would have stepped at least one foot in Wisconsin.
Here are a few other surprise moments in politics, sports and life that may have caused the uninitiated to question how things could have turned so poorly despite their best efforts.
- Basketball – losing even though you made more baskets but forgot that free throws count only one point
- TV ratings – ending up at the bottom even though your programming is geared toward left handed transgenders under the age of 25
- Blocking traffic – getting run over even though you felt empowered
- Cyber Security – getting hacked by Russian spies even though you gave them a reset button
- Cyber Security II – giving your password to Russian spies even if your name is John Podesta and you were entrusted with managing a presidential campaign
- Presidency – having your scandals pointed out even though you declared your presidency scandal-free
- Chess – losing even though you have more pieces
- Titanic – sinking even though you have well organized deck chairs
- Foreign Policy – being disrespected across the globe even though you began each apology tour with a gracious bow
- Race Relations – dividing us even though you immediately point out how stupidly whites act
- Overseas Contingency Operations – being labeled a war monger even though you proudly wear your Nobel Peace Prize medallion
- Optics – appearing out of touch even though you carry your blackberry during golf outings
- Optics II – appearing out of touch even though you felt entitled to spend nearly $100 million on vacations
- Optics III – appearing out of touch even though you hosted Hollywood at the White House for round table discussions on why you’re appearing out of touch
This entry was posted in Cartoon, Conservative, Democrat, election, Humor, Politics, Society and tagged crying, football, Hillary, Obama, Score board.
2 thoughts on “Before you play, know the rules”
January 14, 2017 at 9:55 pm
Hillary was a terrible candidate, but now that she’s done with politically Trump is going to have to succeed or fail on his own.
January 14, 2017 at 10:00 pm
Absolutely! Good comment. It’s frustrating when either side makes excuses for their candidate.