We love a parade
DC certainly loves parades. They have them for the
- Chinese New Year
- cherry blossoms
- Rolling Thunder,
- Independence Day
- Congressional Vacation parade (held quarterly)
- Dignitary-Drive-Through-Town-Blocking-Streets parade (daily)
- Disappointment-In-DC-Sports parade (cancelled this year :0)
But recently they’ve upped their game. The Disconnected-Politician Parade has been turned into an event that previously only occurred daily in the halls of the Rayburn, Longworth, Dirksen and other federal buildings occupied by our Congressmen and women. This year it’s on non-stop full display complete with the chutzpah to expect their adoring citizens to believe the hooey being emitted by our public “servants.” And also smells a little like swamp gas.
Consider this foolishness:
- Tax breaks are crumbs
- People secretly placed as human sources to gather information in Presidential campaigns are not spies
- The President can pardon himself
- Positive economic indicators are not positive economic indicators
- Contact with Russian sources by one party is called treason but when it’s done, and paid for, by another party its call opposition research
- Identifying death as an outcome of the government shutdown… and then voting for a government shutdown (Diane Feinstein)
- Encouraging resistance in the name of tolerance. Remember “If I were in high school, I’d take Trump behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.” (Joe Biden)
- Turning a special council investigation into a self-licking ice cream cone.
Down is up and up is down.
The Hill Newspaper: Trump’s first year
We had the privilege of doing the illustration work for The Hill’s retrospective on Trump’s first year. The article is an excellent walk back through the good, the bad and the ugly.