Apparently the 1978 documentary Invasion of the Body Snatchers was more than just a conspiracy theory, it’s been proven to be our new reality. We’re not sure how one would get infected, but we’ve identified clear signs:
- Participation in the anti-fascist movement by suppressing speech and providing frequent beatings until the rest of us fall in line.
- Thinking ethnic appropriation is very bad but gender appropriation very good.
- Using capitalist innovations to tear down capitalism.
- Crushing civil rights in the name of civil rights.
- Throwing temper tantrums, shaming those who disagree, and administering beatings to promote tolerance.
- Thinking civil war statues are scarier than socialism.
- Supporting open borders.
- Promoting free stuff at post-pod transformation.
Pod people now are a real thing causing such grave confusion in the afflicted that the choice of which bathroom to use is only the beginning of each day’s zombie-like plodding.
Those blank stares, though immediately turn to seething rage at the sight of a red hat, the sound of the Star Spangled Banner, or the smell of freedom and liberty.
Donald Trump meet Donald Sutherland.