Iconic images ain’t what they used to be
Hollywood has removed the iconic image of the American flag being planted on the moon in the upcoming movie First Man. At some point, you’d think it’d be more about entertainment than political messaging. For many, instead of seeing the movie they’ll be taking a knee.
So for those in the make-believe movie producing business who want to send a message along with playing dress-up, we have a few other iconic scenes you can consider omitting when you get around to portraying certain events on the big screen.
– The life of a certain bus driver… without Rosa Parks.
– Iwo Jima raising… without the flag pole.
– Nixon resignation… without him getting on the helo.
– Sacagawea biopic… without Lewis and Clark.
– Iran hostages released… without Reagan.
– John Madden biopic… without a turducken.
– Famous balconies in Memphis… without MLK aides pointing across the parking lot.
– Barrack Obama’s presidency… without his muscle (Michelle).
– Reagan’s presidency… without the Berlin Wall.
– McCain’s funeral… without an ending.
– Invention of the telephone… without Watson.
– Invention if the internet… without Al Gore.